Close collaborator with all of our software engineers and a part of the software-development lifecycle. Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who is willing to cross layer boundaries and dive deep to resolve production issues across our technology stack. This candidate also enjoys building scalable automation for reliable and secure web services.
• Maintain reliability for our production systems to exceed our SLA requirements, part of which is being in an on-call rotation for production issues
• Understand system limitations and building observability tools to maintain infrastructure reliability and/or alert on potential production issues
• Lead and architect cloud infrastructure to enable high performance SaaS applications in the cloud. Software design and development experience in cloud service orchestration (API-based control plane) with an emphasis on “infrastructure-as-a-service”
• Having the flexibility to learn new technologies, while continuously developing your skills will be key to your success. You will fit into our teams, be a fantastic collaborator, comfortable with giving and receiving feedback and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Experience with Salesforce DevOps using Salesforce DX
• Continue to grow automation for infrastructure provisioning, developer efficiency, and internal tooling efficiency.
• You will design, code, and maintain performant, reliable infrastructure and platforms.
• Set up monitoring and improve reliability and performance using SRE practices.
• Automate tasks using various configuration management and scripting tools such as
• Skilled in automation scripting tools such as Powershell and Command batch
• Use of Msbuild and Msdeploy for build and deploy .net MVC and .net web services.
• Experience setting up and configuring IIS on windows servers.
• Windows server installation and configuration.
• Installation of windows services
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, including tsql and command line sql
• How to create automated unit and functional tests.
• Knowledge of nUnit, and Selenium, .net c# programming.
• TFS CI/CD pipeline set up, monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Work closely with engineers to create or update systems for new and existing features.
• On-call rotation for critical systems
• Document scripts and write guides to help educate the engineering team.
• Enable self service automation and shift left ethos for development teams by building and enhancing DevSecOps pipelines using scripting and programming languages.
• Drive the next evolution of our microservices based low-code architecture practices.
• Provide mentorship and promote engineering best practices throughout the company.
• Work with the support team to triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
• Assess project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships, and provide alternative solutions and risk mitigation. Only capture responsibilities that are key to the job or represent at least 10% of the job
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Works on a broad array of complex issues and assignments with short to mid-term scope Knowledge Requires in-depth knowledge of principles and professional concepts, expertise, and experience Guidance Works Independently; Determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments Supervision May coordinate activities of other team members as a project manager Problem Solving Defines and solves advanced problems with non-standard solutions
• Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, patterns, and design.
• Knowledge of security best practices and how to implement them in cloud infrastructure.
• Strong software development background with strong expertise in at least one programming language
• Experience working in Cloud services providers (AWS preferred)
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code and other cloud automation tools
• Experience with building observability tooling, dashboards, and alerting in regards to application performance and stability (i.e. Dynatrace or similar products)
• Familiar with building fully automated CI/CD pipelines
• Understanding of monitoring, networking, security (strong in 1 or more areas)
• On-call rotation for production related issues to uphold our SLA with clients
• Strong communication skills.
• Full-stack engineering experience.
• Experience with NoSQL databases and data warehousing platforms.
• Building low-code platforms.
• Managing high-availability, multi-AZ and multi-region environments
• Experience architecting and building internal developer tooling
• Experience working with maintaining observability tooling as Dynatrace
• Worked with distributed systems or microservice architectures
• Up to date and active in the open source community
• Understanding of AWS services like ECS, Fargate, MSK, and Lambda.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years experience building and working on large scale distributed systems.
• Strong in operational best practices such as monitoring, permissions, disaster recovery, and configuration management.
• Experience with multiple programming languages and automation tools such as Python, Ansible, and Cloudformation.
• 3 + years of DevOps experience for Salesforce deployment
• 4 + years Azure DevOps Cloud Services experience
• Experience with unit and integration testing, continuous integration, and deployment workflows.
• Experience with developing REST APIs and integrating third-party APIs.