The General Utility, under the direction of the department manager/supervisor, is responsible for assisting in any and all phases of production, preparation, sanitation and/ or packaging of the product. Providing general help labor where needed in all areas of the plant. Essential Job Duties
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Assists in the production of goods to include, but not limited to: pre-weighing ingredients and staging for mixing operations, cutting of raw materials, removal of discarded product/materials, and picking out defects on conveyors based on specifications.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of manufacturing including but not limited to: cardboard removal, floors swept/mopped, counters and equipment cleaned to ensure health and safety requirements are maintained. Ensures area is organized according to 5S/production standards.
- Lubricates, hand cleans parts, and assembles production equipment.
- Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks within the site, (e.g., lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading materials, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making minor repairs, etc.).
- Works with others as a team to complete tasks in an efficient manner to ensure the line is ready for startup and/or shutdown as well as to minimize downtime.
- Assists other employees with their assigned work tasks.
- Packages or assists in packing, finished goods, parts, materials, and equipment for customer delivery.
- Delivers and Picks up materials in various parts of the plant when needed.
- Performs routine maintenance to equipment.
- Follows department rules, procedures, routines, and requirements to complete assigned duties.
- If qualified, may be asked to operate machinery within the site.
- Practices and adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), Allergen program, and Safety guidelines/procedures.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
High School Diploma or GED required. Manufacturing experience preferred. Travel Required
Minimal travel may be required.
Good Manufacturing Practices