To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bellview, FL 32526
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ISD Developer III (Java)
Navy Federal Credit Union • Bellview, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To design, develop, implement and maintain new IT software/application solutions, as well as, implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Develops system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to Navy Federal Credit Union standards and policies regarding software development.
• Prepares, executes and documents development tests and evaluations.
• Prepares and maintains documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) phases.
• May prepare and lead the implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments.
• May lead teams of peers and junior level software developers through the software development life-cycle.
• Revises and refines programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations.
• Provides technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Provides consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Participates in training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
• May be tasked with the technical lead role of a project with the responsibility of full software life-cycle development from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Works independently, requiring little to no guidance from higher level staff or management.
• Ensures compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff.
• Reviews, assists and provides feedback to Requirements Analysis team in developing the Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve moderate, complex to difficult problems.
• Designs, codes, debug and maintain moderately complex software applications.
• Communicates moderately complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java/J2EE and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit.
• Experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services.
• Experience/knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
• Experience with J2EE technologies, Java Script and JS frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JSM, JNDI, JDBC, jQuery, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit and Dojo.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Experience with Agile, Kanban and Lean practices
• Effective/demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Effective/demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercise initiative, and use good judgment.
• Effective skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
• Advanced degree or formal training in software development/engineering.
• Experience with IBM® DataPower, IBM® Integration Bus© (IIB), IBM® MQ and IBM® WebSphere.
• Experience with IBM® Mainframe coding/development
• In-depth knowledge and experience of financial industry applications and systems.
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL® or CMMI® capability models.
• High skill to advanced experience/knowledge in systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• Technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development life-cycle.
• IT Industry Certifications in good standing.
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures.
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
* Employee may be required to work outside normal working hours to provide technical support during product implementation efforts.
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability