Senior Accountant - CPA - Direct Hire
Norfolk, VA - $75k - $85k
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant with a CPA for a direct hire opportunity with a reputable company in Norfolk, VA. Prior experience in public accounting is a major plus. As a Senior Accountant your typical day may involve:
- Performing assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Assisting in the development of financial statements and reports
- Reviewing and explaining variances to budget/forecast and to previous reporting periods on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Preparing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Working closely with other functional areas and business management to resolve issues and support achievement of business goals
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Solid systems experience, well versed in MS Excel
- 5+ years of prior experience
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- CPA required
Accountants, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Accountant and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your financial expertise, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities. It's a great opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level!
Here's what you will need to succeed as a Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of experience
• CPA or CPA candidate
• Public accounting experience; Big 4, desired
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.