To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Web Content Developer
Apex Systems • Chicago, IL
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technical Web Content Developer
-Front End Development
-Excellent communication skills
-Graphic design experience is a MAJOR PLUS!!
-SharePoint experience is a MAJOR PLUS!!
Web Developer Overview/Summary
The Web Developer is an expert at implementing the front-end web technologies that govern the creation and maintenance of functionality on Cellsite and SharePoint intranet related content and related apps while delivering technical web solutions that meet business, user experience and design needs and requirements. To ensure successful web solution deliveries, the Web Developer works directly with internal business partners.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate with business partners with diverse professional backgrounds, translating and presenting highly technical concepts and information in clear business terms for key stakeholders and decision-makers
• Ensure open communication and understanding among business owners and technologists
• Perform a wide variety of production-related web development tasks including building, modifying, maintaining, and optimizing code in collaboration with the internal web design team and business partners
• Translate wire frames and graphic composites into cohesive and robust technical deliverables
• Develop architectural solutions using code that adheres to web standards while optimizing performance
• Continually build upon advanced knowledge in web/app development by researching trends and staying educated on changing coding paradigms and browser/OS standards
• Understand best practices in Web Usability, E-commerce, Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, and Web Analytics
• Manage projects and timelines with business partners, the IS organization, and other functions
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree required
• 3-5 years of experience developing web-based functionality, preferably on an e-commerce web site/app using a content management system
• Must have advanced knowledge of front-end Web development trends and expert knowledge of the following:
o Bootstrap, Foundation or equivalent Responsive Web Design framework
o Sublime Text Editor or equivalent development tool
o Mobile/Tablet website development and/or App Development
• Must have experience using the following:
o NodeJS, PHP, JSP or equivalent back-end framework
o Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB or equivalent RDBMS/NoSQL database
o ATG, Wordpress, Joomla or equivalent Content Management System
o Git, Mercurial or equivalent source control system
o Axure or equivalent wireframe software
o Demonstrates high level of interpersonal and communication skills
o Highly skilled in organization and planning
o Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment
o Ability to promote a shared vision and customer focus
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
o Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse group of constituents is required
o SharePoint experience is a major plus