To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morgantown, WV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hospice RN Case Manager - Full Time
Amedisys, Inc. • Morgantown, WV
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for terminally ill patients one-on-one in their home environment with a highly collaborative team and support
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home setting
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the physician.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) conferences.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees