Our Client has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. By eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent food service operators and offering free membership, our client has become the leading low-cost alternative to other food service suppliers throughout the United States.
Why people LOVE working for this company!
- Aggressive expansion plans - plans in place for 15 new locations in the next 12-18 months
- Excellent advancement potential - career growth opportunity
Position Overview & Responsibilities
- Fast paced and exciting environment
- Manage overall store operations/supports Branch Manager
- Develops strong business relationships with customers by maintaining open communication with customers, and by quickly and effectively resolving problems
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures including but not limited to safety (HACCP, OSHA) personnel, security, pest control and shrink control.
- Reviews financial and operational reports and takes necessary actions based on report results.
- Ensure timely and accurate management of all store operations including safety, sanitation, shelf labels, inventory, merchandising, receiving, stocking, stacking position, order pulling, shipping and in store customer service.
- Defines the service standards and the operational mission of the company, communicates it to the employees and monitors activities in order to meet company goals.
- Maximizes all sales opportunities by ensuring high levels of customer service by ensuring proper scheduling of the workforce while meeting budgetary guidelines.
- Manages selection, annual performance appraisals and professional development of all Management level personnel.
- Directly supervises and manages, assistant managers & department managers.
- Coaches managers on employee relation issues such as new hires, transfers, promotions.
- Maintains communication with the Corporate Offices to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Reviews inventory on a regular basis to ensure that the inventory is correct and the products are in-house
- Completes and processes necessary reports and paperwork accurately and timely.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and profit sharing (after one year of employment), paid vacationPosition Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required),
- Minimum 4 years management experience in food service or grocery, supermarket, club warehouse, big box or mass merchandising environment.
- Background in P&L, Inventory control, merchandising, hiring / training staff, front end, merchandising, cash control, payroll, security / loss prevention mandatory.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of running a high volume operation.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and people management / training skills and be extremely customer service oriented.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Hospitality Recruitement: Assistant Branch Manager
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Logistics Operations
- Loss Prevention