Work you'll do
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on selling and delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and as a key member of Architecture group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
* Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
* Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
* Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
* Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
* Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy, Architecture & Transformation, Cloud Native & Application Development, APIs & Integration, Platforms & Infrastructure, and Cloud Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
* Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or with AWS or Azure.
* Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
* Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
* Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services based applications in public cloud Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
* Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
* Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* 3+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 5 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry.
* 3+ years of experience with Java / J2EE technologies and Architecting solutions using Web technologies
* 1+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (GCP, Azure or AWS)
* 1+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
* Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect or Azure, AWS equivalent preferred.
* Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
* Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
* Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
* Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
* Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
* Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
* Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
* Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
* Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 19825
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services