Eaton's Research Labs (ERL) has an exciting opportunity for a Government Contracts Compliance Specialist. This position can be located at any of the ERL locations - Menomonee Falls, WI, Southfield, MI, or Golden, CO.
This position provides primary support and guidance for government contract compliance. Ensures government contracts compliance requirements are implemented across Eaton and third-party suppliers involved in government programs.
In this position, you will:
- Partner and align with Global Trade Management and Engineering Product Compliance, provide technical expertise, to assist business units in developing and implementing processes, procedures, and systems that ensure product compliance, utilizing Eaton Business System tools with implementation and execution
- Support site(s) export compliance program: annual export site assessments/audits, review foreign national employment, review site visitor requests, develop and manage Technology Control Plans, export/import recordkeeping, employee export/import training, manage license process, provides export/import control guidance and monitors export/import shipments to ensure no gaps in coverage due to expirations or changes in US import/export regulations
- Conduct compliance assessments for new product introductions and implements compliance controls related to new products and technologies
- Maintain a strong understanding of laws and regulations related to import/export in the US and is accountable for engineering trade compliance in the US and abroad; provides technical expertise related to import/export laws and regulations and provides guidance to GTM on functional relevance and technical application
- Work with Technology Control Officers (TCOs) for all engineering trade compliance activities in accordance with the Technology Control Plan and Export Compliance Manual
- Analyze IT compliance, advises IT function on strategic compliance enhancements, and personally sponsors related projects to mitigate non-compliance risk
- Coordinate and conduct training on key export control regulatory compliance topics, incorporating compliance procedures within relevant function daily work
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of experience working in trade compliance and government contracts compliance
- Experience and knowledge of ITAR & EAR compliance
- This position requires us of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Southfield MI, Golden CO or Menomonee Falls WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of experience working in trade compliance and government contracts compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
- Strong change management skills and the ability to influence
- Experience in understanding technical specifications, product performance requirements, manufacturing processes, and end user expectations
- Experience within global operations and/or compliance function with specific focus on product classification, interpretation of regulations and implementation of compliance procedures to ensure continued compliance
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Export Administration Regulations