$110000.00 to $130000.00 yearly
Available for an immediate hire, Robert Half Finance is searching for a skilled, eager, and strong candidate to fill the role of an Asset Accounting Manager for an expanding, influential company. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the accounting for long-lived assets across the Company. Long-lived assets include fixed assets, right-of-use lease assets accounted for under ASC 842, and intangible assets. In this role, the Manager, Asset Accounting will establish and maintain standardized accounting procedures for the timely and accurate recognition of capital assets across the Company in accordance US GAAP and internal policies. In addition, this individual will be fully responsible for all lease asset and liability accounting under ASC 842 within the Company's lease software and the general ledger. The Manager, Asset Accounting will be responsible for the interim and annual impairment evaluations required under US GAAP and will coordinate with the Reporting & Governance team on these assessments. The Manager, Asset Accounting will regularly communicate with other accounting and finance department groups and external auditors.
• Manage the timely and accurate recognition of costs incurred on capital projects incurred in accordance with US GAAP and internal Company policies.
• Specific to fixed assets, review and oversee the establishment and maintenance of standardized accounting processes to perform, at minimum, capital vs. expense review of authorization for expenditure forms, setup of capital projects in Oracle for cost accumulation, in-process cost reporting and analysis, capital project close-outs and in-servicing of related assets, and monthly capital cost accruals.
• In coordination with technical assistance from the Reporting & Governance team, manage the timely assessment and proper recognition of lease assets and liabilities under ASC 842.
• Maintain policy and procedure documentation related to asset accounting.
• Assist the Reporting & Governance group in analyzing variances in account balances to ensure timely and accurate completion of internal and external reporting packages.
• In coordination with the Reporting & Governance group, perform technical research and documentation related to long-lived assets.
• Ensure timely, accurate and GAAP-compliant financial data is provided for quarterly SEC disclosures related to fixed assets and leases.
• Assist internal and external auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information related to asset accounting.
• Perform/oversee SOX-compliant internal controls related to accountabilities.
• Complete special projects at the direction of the Director, Corporate Accounting, Chief Accounting Officer or other executive management.
• 7+ years of experience in Fixed Asset Accounting in a midstream environment required with at least 3 years of management or supervisory experience and a strong understanding of midstream assets.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles with fixed asset and lease accounting experience. Must have strong understanding of property accounting and AFE's as well as Fixed Assets.
• Advanced MS Excel spreadsheet and Word skills required.
• Experience with Oracle financials, Business Objects, Hyperion Financial Management and/or Essbase preferred.
For immediate confidential consideration, e-mail your resume directly to Edward.Welch@Roberthalf.com or contact 281-249-1266 and ask for Edward Welch.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Leasing (Contract Law)