Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
We are seeking a highly engaged and fiercely empathic Design Researcher to join our Managing Expenses Design Studio. The studio focuses on reimagining the way our members and consumers understand, prepare and manage healthcare expenses. In this role, you will work closely with various studio disciplines, design leadership, product and business stakeholders to develop and translate the product strategy into a compelling design vision.
Come and join a team of more than 300+ motivated and fun-loving UX designers, researchers, strategists, service designers, content strategists, accessibility specialists and front-end engineers who are on a mission to improve healthcare experiences for everyone.
United Design is inspired to recruit talent from diverse backgrounds for every level and discipline and appreciate that we will better serve our membership when we grow a team that better represents everyone. We invite you to apply if you are looking to do your life's best work with some of the brightest minds in the healthcare and design industry.
To know more about Optum Technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Design Researcher - Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Lower 48 United States only.
- Contributing to planning, executing, and analyzing qualitative, quantitative and mixed method studies, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, participatory design, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies
- Uncovering unmet user needs, and unpacking meaning from sometimes obscure and disparate findings
- Contributing to design thinking / co-creation/ design workshops that take stakeholders through the design thinking process to frame a project
- Storytelling when delivering insights about people and behavior - verbally and visually - in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the design team as well as engineering, product management, marketing, and others
- Collaborating on new products or features from conception to launch
- Manage ambiguity, work with limited oversight, keep organized, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Pragmatic bias for action, always trying to seek the most expedient path to get the insights needed without compromising on findings or integrity
- Have an immense passion for social impact, healthcare, collaboration and learning
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting research
- 2+ years working with cross functional stakeholders including Technology, Product, Operations, Business, Analytics, Voice of the Customer, etc.
- 2+ years performing and/or consuming user research, NPS and Voice of the Customer data
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability to present research findings to stakeholders with actionable insights
- 1 + years conducting statistical analysis of large-scale survey data
- BA/BS degree, or higher, in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, Communications, Information Science, Sociology
- 2+ years working with design, research and collaboration tools such as Miro and Figma
- 2+ years of consuming NPS and Voice of the Customer data
- 1+ years of working across a matrixed multi-tiered organization to deliver the best possible outcomes
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of designing for omni and/or cross-channel experiences
- 1+ years specifically with conducting ethnographic and participatory research methods
- 1+ years conducting global research and working on complex products with global impact and real-world implications
- 1+ years identifying, onboarding, and leading external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.