Public Trust: Other Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an experienced L&D Professional joining our team activities.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
GDIT is seeking an additional Java & Web Developer to work on the FAA DroneZone project. The application is growing with new requirements and the team needs an excellent Java Developer to join them with developing new functions and features for the application.
- Design, develop, code, test, building, deploying and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software using Java and modern Web (Angular and similar) technologies.
- Hands-on development in the completion of technical spikes/proof-of-concept work
- Working hands-on with code analysis tools that support migration/understanding of code.
- Experience with modern technologies (Java, microservices, SOA)
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Using tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Must have a BS degree or relevant experience
- 5 years experience with programming and software development
- 2-5+ years with design, developing code, test, building, deploying and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software using Java and modern Web (Angular and similar) technologies.
- Proven expertise in Java, Spring / Spring Boot, J2EE, JSP.
- Proficiency with Core Java programming, JSP/Servlets, multi-threading, J2EE design patterns and object oriented design.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, Spring MVC, Ant, Maven, Hibernate, Web Services (Soap, REST)
- Must have ability to analyze requirements and formulate design.
- Experience with leading initiatives, mentoring developers, and presenting to clients
- Experience with systems in production support and maintenance
- Knowledge of Java coding best practices and performance improvements
- Database application development.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Java Server Pages
Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2 Ee)
Service Oriented Architecture