Identifies and ensures appropriate placement, facilitation and expedition of all patient flow transactions, including direct and emergency patient admissions and transfers, in accordance with established clinical standards and knowledge of disease entities.
- Identifies and ensures appropriate placement, facilitation and expedition of all patient flow transactions, including direct and emergency patient admissions and transfers, in accordance with established clinical standards and knowledge of disease entities.
- Addresses significant patient issues throughout the house and communicates with relevant leaders.
- Handles staffing needs and makes modifications, if necessary, to ensure equitable staffing arrangements throughout the hospital.
- Manages the patient experience trans-organizationally to optimize all resources to ensure a safe and efficient environment.
- Monitors and adheres to annual hospital operating budget.
- Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to insure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN from an accredited school of professional nursing required.
- Current state licensure as an Registered Nurse (RN).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an acute care setting.
- One year of management experience preferred
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting.
- Manual dexterity, corrected vision, hand and eye coordination.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care
- Critical Thinking