To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Corrections Advisor
PAE • Arlington, VA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldSenior Corrections Advisor
Reports To: Chief of Team, CSSP
SMEs shall work with their CSSP Afghan counterparts to identify and address gaps in the correctional knowledge, skills, and abilities of their GDPDC/JRD counterparts; they shall develop – in coordination with their Afghan CSSP co-team leads – specific mentoring plans for these counterparts, with milestones showing progress over a specific period of performance and defining an end state. The resulting mentorship plans should be fully owned by GDPDC, and should help GDPDC and development partners formulate a common approach to training. The Contractor shall work side-by-side with GDPDC leadership to assist GDPDC in the performance of its core work requirements while mentoring and training to build the independent capacity of current, new, and prospective GDPDC leadership staff. This position is located in Afghanistan.
Before developing the mentoring plans, the Contractor shall devise and conduct pre-mentorship assessments to determine a baseline capacity for GDPDC/JRD – both specific counterparts and the organization more broadly. By understanding the baseline, CSSP will be able to provide more targeted and effective support.
- Assist GDPDC staff in understanding the need for sustainable training programs and on methods to create and administer a successful and sustainable training program
- Increase and inculcate respect for human rights
- Help develop a succession plan and encourage interest in future generations of corrections training leadership
- Advise and mentor GDPDC Assistant Director for Cultural Development and Training
- Work as a partner with GDPDC staff to foster an environment and build administrative capacity for a realistically sustainable training system
- Work with GDPDC executives to develop tools to evaluate and select junior GDPDC personnel with leadership potential to make up the next generation of mentees
- Evaluate and analyze GDPDC training department gender programs and advise on gaps of expertise. Encourage more gender training programs within the provinces and headquarters.
- Working knowledge and experience in managing international development and/or rule of law programs preferred.
- Preferred international experience in conflict or post-conflict areas of operation
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Education: A bachelor’s degree plus some demonstration of continuing education in the discipline for which the Advisor will mentor (e.g., certificate program)
- Experience: Minimum (3) three years as Associate/Deputy Warden (or equivalent); Preferred (2) two years of corrections experience at the management level, with central office, regional or state-level oversight over multiple correctional institutions and operations; Minimum (12) twelve years’ experience in corrections, at least two of which in the discipline for which the mentor will be advising (e.g., Chief of Classification of Records, Director of Training Academy)
- Security Vetting: Must be able to secure and maintain a MRPT certification
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.