FLEETCOR is seeking a deal leader on its Corporate Development team. The VP will work directly with other members of the Corporate Development team and senior executive team, including substantial direct exposure to our CEO and Chairman. The VP position will be a key contributor to future M&A deals to expand FLEETCOR’s presence in existing and new geographies and existing and new product categories. The VP will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, structuring, documenting, and closing acquisitions, and on select transactions may be asked to lead key commercial improvement plans for acquired companies post-close.
The Corporate Development team serves as a talent magnet for the business and has a strong history of recruiting and developing individuals who have taken other senior roles within the broader FLEETCOR organization. A few examples of folks that have stepped into other more senior roles include our most recent CFO, our EVP of Corporate Development & Strategy, our Head of FP&A, numerous GMs throughout the organization, various strategy leaders, etc.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Helping define and develop acquisition strategy and conducting landscape analysis on target markets
• Sourcing and screening of new acquisition opportunities in line with the company’s acquisition strategy
• Leading due diligence analysis to build cases for acquisitions and to identify issues and concerns
• Leading deal documentation and negotiation process, such as LOIs and Purchase Agreements for acquisitions
• Preparing and presenting M&A approval and update materials to FLEETCOR’s CEO, senior executives, and Board of Directors
• Leading and liaising with various internal business segments (operating units, legal, financial, tax, HR, IT, etc.) and external advisors (accounting, legal, tax, etc.)
• Build integration and improvement plans for acquired businesses
The VP of Corporate Development role is a high visibility role within FLEETCOR. Reporting into the SVP of Corporate Development, the VP will work directly with other members of the Corporate Development team and have exposure to most of the senior leaders across the organization, including the CEO and line of business leaders. This opportunity offers unparalleled exposure to the senior-most executives in the business.
- Strategy Consulting/Investment Banking Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience at a top-tier strategy consulting or investment banking firm with a strong track record of performance.
- Corporate Development “Quarterback”: The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of progressive M&A experience. A minimum of four years of experience serving as the “deal quarterback” on the buy-side.
- Financial Services Exposure: Experience in payments, fintech, tech, and/or financial services is preferred but not required.
- Deal Documentation Experience: Experience with deal documents such as NDAs, LOIs, and Purchase Agreements is required. Exposure to negotiating deal documents is preferred.
- Operational Orientation: Prior experience in an operating role or completing post-merger integration is preferred but not required.
- Structured and Logical Thinking: Ability to identify and dissect complex business problems and opportunities, and quickly form data-driven hypotheses and approaches to test such hypotheses. The ability to communicate and present complex concepts in concise, easy-to-understand terms is critical.
- Analytical Excellence: Expert quantitative and analytical skills with financial modeling experience and forecasting skills. Experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements, operating metrics, and models, creating data-driven recommendations.
- Executive Presence: Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills and high emotional intelligence is critical. The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with executive-level and cross-functional teams.
- Education: The right fit candidate will have an undergrad degree from a top academic institution with a strong track record of performance. MBA is a plus.
The candidate selected for this position will need to align with FLEETCOR’s core values: integrity, people, innovation, execution, and collaboration. In addition, this individual will be confident and an independent self-starter with the ability to think critically and take action with limited guidance. He/she will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high-demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Corporate Development
- Emotional Intelligence