To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Lead Test Engineer (Workday)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car • St. Louis, MO
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Business Administrative Systems Team supports a variety of applications that are employee-needs related. The different applications supported by this team include HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Time Keeping, as well as proprietary applications, that are on platforms including Oracle, AS/400, and some third party hosted solutions. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team, as many of our applications are needed to support our vast global expansion efforts as well as several legacy refactoring efforts that are on the horizon. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about all lines of business that Enterprise Holdings operates from the processing of the employee data needed to support our 100,000 plus employees across the globe.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will work directly with the HRIS team to lead quality assurance efforts for the Enterprise Holdings’ global HR platform, Workday, application release. You will assess and evaluate quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing. You will be responsible for designing, producing, executing, and maintaining software test plans and manual test scripts. You will test applications while documenting, tracking, and reporting on defects. You will sharpen your critical thinking skills by analyzing test results, will leverage your trouble shooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and will coordinate and/or conduct re-testing after defects are addressed. As a Lead Test Engineer, you will also exercise your leadership skills by providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Participate in daily standups/status meetings and contribute to the completion of the Workday release by driving the quality assurance process and product validation through manual and some automated testing
- Define test plans, test scenarios and manual test scripts, as well as utilize testing tools for functional and regression testing
- Test the products, measure test coverage, compile test metrics and provide test status
- Expand testing coverage by assisting the automation team with identifying tests for the automated test suite
- Drive the invention and adoption of tools, techniques and advanced test methodologies
- Function successfully independently and in a team environment to overcome ambiguity and deliver results
- Responsible for analyzing and translating complex business requirements into processes, designs, and solutions that balance business needs and technology strategies, specific to Workday
In this position you will work directly with IT project management, Enterprise Holdings business partners, vendors and other members of the development and project teams gathering and interpreting requirements, developing solutions and supporting the application.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 5+ years' experience as a quality assurance engineer
- 5+ years’ experience in software testing to include: identifying required testing, developing test plans, performing analysis, documenting defects, status reporting, and compiling project metrics
- Must have experience with writing SQL statements
- Must have experience working with JIRA, Confluence, or a similar set of project tracking and collaboration tools
- Experience using industry-standard testing tools
- Must have strong knowledge in software quality and testing methodologies
- Ability to focus at the strategic level to understand how the components of the application are related and at a tactical level to support the testing team
- Must have experience in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams
- Ability to effectively manage time and be productive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Must be flexible in the ability to work with and test work for multiple project teams
- Must have excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar technical field
- Prior experience leading an application roll-out
- Knowledge of or prior experience working with the Workday application is preferred
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software testing is a plus
- Experience testing on a variety of platforms such as Java, mobile, and legacy applications
- Knowledge with any of the following open source tools: Java, Selenium Web Driver, HTML, XML, XPATH and/or AJAX
- Experience with JIRA and Zephyr preferred
- Experience in Agile methodology preferred