REQ#: RQ137160 Travel Required: Less than 10% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Pipeline Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange. Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Provide technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Skype for Business or MS Teams. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Skype for Business or MS Teams Server. Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers. Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups. Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. Responds to computer security breaches and viruses. Minimum Education Required: * BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline.
* ALLOWABLE SUBSTUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree. Minimum Experience Required: * Six (6) years of experience in a client-server environment.
* Four (4) years of concurrent experience in server systems administration and analysis.
* Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, or data center maintenance.
* Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining system documentation.
* Experience maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Experience evaluating vendor products, and making recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinating installation and providing backup recovery. Demonstrated experience to developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
* Intermediate level industry certification from one of the following: Microsoft, CompTIA, AWS, VMware, Blackberry, BMC, SolarWinds or relevant technology (or achieve within six months of hiring).
* IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of hiring) Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years. About Our Work We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. COVID-19 Vaccination GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Active Directory Group
- Aerospace Industries
- Architectural Design
- Business Informatics
- Client Server Models