The Fabrication Operator will operate manual machines, computer-controlled (CNC) machines, or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- The Fabrication operator will mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop manual or CNC machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during CNC machine operation.
- The Fabrication operator will set up and operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal workpieces.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- The Fabrication Operator will listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The Fabrication Operator must have the following qualifications:
Fabrication Operator must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in industrial settings
Fabrication Operator must be able to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift
Fabrication Operator must have experience with large scale metal fabrication machinery
Fabrication Operator with experience with welding experience preferred
Fabrication Operator must be available for a first, second, or third shift schedule, with possible training on first shift for several weeks
Monroe Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)