To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlottesville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PAE • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldAssociate Chemist
PAE is currently seeking an Associate Chemist based in Charlottesville, VA. Travel OCONUS will be required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Duties may be executed in a CONUS or OCONUS laboratory and include performing analyses of samples that have been collected
- Define new methods to support expansion of laboratory capabilities and improve/solve existing method deficiencies.
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Review, evaluate, and analyze data from samples and provide database entry support
- Perform equipment/instrument maintenance
- Utilize, maintain, and troubleshoot instrumentation such as the following:
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy
- Liquid Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry / Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS)
- Polarized Light Microscope (PLM)
- Compare sample results to a library of known results for the specific instrumentation and chemical being tested
- Use photographic equipment to capture still images of each evidence item and relevant key portions of the evidence item, or other exhibits, to support further analysis, conclusions, and documentation
- Document examination results/findings in the required Laboratory Information System(s) and databases
- Annotate the file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of files, reports, data, etc.
- Ensure a proper chain of custody for all evidence and samples is maintained
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Must possess, at a minimum, intermediate computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensics) OR 5 years directly relatable experience
- 1 year of experience working in the Intelligence Community (IC) environment
- Proficiency working with chemistry analytical methodologies using Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment
- Ability to hold an active DoD Secret security clearance and must be able to pass a CI polygraph
- U.S. citizenship
- Eligible for US Passport
- An active DoD security clearance – Secret or Top Secret w/ SCI eligibility or TS/SCI
- Deployed experience in Analytical/Operational environment
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.