GDIT is currently seeking a SharePoint Developer in Bethesda, MD to join our team in supporting the National Human Genome Research Institute. Our team of about 40 IT professionals supports approximately 900 users at NHGRI in Collaborative Capabilities, Desktop support, Scientific Systems Engineering, Infrastructure/ Data Center Operations, Project and Program Management support. In this role you will provide solutions to help NHGRI staff collaborate more efficiently with NIH internal and external professionals.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops custom applications and solutions, mainly in a SharePoint environment
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls;
- Prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software and 508 conformance standards are met.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Experience developing in a SharePoint/SharePoint Online environment
- Must have an ITIL Foundations certification or be able to obtain within six months of employment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts for applications
- Knowledge of web technologies, such as HTML, CSS and JQuery
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design Methodologies
- Ability to obtain an NIH Public Trust
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with PowerApps & Flow
- MediaWiki or PHP development experience
- Experience developing SPFX solutions
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)