ITAC is assisting a local Birmingham faith-based organization in their search for a Help Desk Specialist!!
This person should have a motivated, energetic attitude as well as experience in a help desk or system support role. You will work with end users to solve a variety of issues while using various computer hardware, software, applications, and mobile devices while conducting business. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly sophisticated products that support many internal and external functions.
This organization is targeting sharp, well-rounded individual who is both presentable and focused in technology customer service type environment.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the data and voice networks, including all devices are deployed and connected.
- Responsible for training and development of both end-users and support teams that will access these networks while troubleshooting connectivity issues and/or problems with application functionality, coordinating with vendor support where necessary.
- Assist with 3 complex sites – Up to 100 computers and/or mobile devices, running various operating systems, and up to 100 users.
- Assisting with the administration of network, servers, workstations, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Assists in development of technology strategy for connected organizations
- Installs and Implements new hardware/software, provides desktop application support for all employees/volunteers, maintains hardware inventory, troubleshoots POS iPad systems, and can be available for after-hours calls as needed.
- Trains end-users, application support teams, employees, volunteers, and the general membership on computer and network related topics as assigned.
- Maintains, and enforces guidelines, policies, and procedures for network and system access and use while creating user accounts, sets access permissions, and removes access as necessary.
- Installs desktop and mobile applications both manually and using automated management tools.
- Works with end users to troubleshoot application problems, correct service deficiencies, and provide training on IT-provided hardware and services. Evaluates end user requirements and participates in software selection and deployment planning.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 2+ working years of hands-on experience with workstations, desktops, laptops, servers, printer/scanners, and server environment with a combination of certifications and Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Fundamental understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy functionality/configuration
- Experience administering Windows Server 2003 – Current and administering Windows-Based PC/Laptops and MAC OS workstations.
- Experience troubleshooting virtual servers and workstations via VMware vSphere and understands VMware infrastructure – Storage Network Management, VMotion, etc.
- Experience programming layer 3 switches
- Understanding of print device drivers, file system concepts, and system automation.
- Experience working with network components including: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and VPN with a strong understanding of TCP/IP Networking and e-mail protocols (SMTP, POP3, IMAP).
- Understands and can configure/administer: DFS, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory Integrated domains, DNS, and understands basic routing concepts.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems. Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming support requests related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and available of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs (for example, daily backups, etc.).
- Recommend procedure improvements and install, modify, and repair software.
- Strong organizational skills and works effectively across the organization with staff in a variety of roles and skill levels.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to write purchase justifications, train users on complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with management
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a long-term positive and effective working relationship with numerous departments and employees.
- Preferred Certifications – A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, etc.
USC or GC
Server (Computer Science)