To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Center Point, AL 35215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Ops Engineer
The Sherwin-Williams Company • Center Point, AL
Posted 1 month ago
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This position will be responsible for improving the effectiveness of the workforce by developing and implementing process improvement projects and tactical programs in operations and developing standard processing procedures in the plant. This role includes the use of structured problem solving and statistical process improvement and project management methodologies. Facilitates and leads small project teams to ensure the successful completion of team objectives while managing improvement programs.
Major Tasks Include, but are not limited to:
•Identify Improvement Opportunities in existing manufacturing operations
• Leads the collection and analysis of data to justify procedural changes or process modifications, and established operating procedures for the plant throughout the life of continuous improvement projects.
• Optimizes processes to attain lower manufacturing costs, increased productivity and reduced cycle times.
• Lead project teams to ensure the successful completion of team objectives.
• Identifies training needs and develops training and standard operating procedures for employees to ensure effective use of continuous process improvement methodologies.
• Find solutions to problems areas in existing operational procedures.
• Implementation of process improvements in Technical/Manufacturing.
• Design of process studies to improve process/product quality and efficiency.
• Direct/Coordinate the activities of the lower level engineers.
• Serve as a resource for Commercialization and Technology new product development efforts.
• Develop and lead tactical efforts on divisional strategic project
• Identifying and driving the implementation of enhancements that will improve manufacturing capacity/efficiency and improve product consistency
• Optimizing current practices/procedures.
• Directing the resolution of manufacturing and technical processing problems.
• Identify & utilize the talents and capabilities of direct and indirect peers, co-workers and team members.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
Must have a four year Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
Five years of Engineering experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
Advanced Degree such as a Master of Science or Master of Business Administration is preferred
Experience with Continuous Improvement processes/techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, Transactional Lean or Root Cause Analysis is preferred
Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application and selection process due to a disability, please provide a description of your requested reasonable accommodation and information regarding the employment opportunity (job title, location, the website at which you found the employment opportunity, etc.) by one of the following methods:
Phone: (216) 566-2363
Mail: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator
Corporate Employee Relations Department
300 Midland Building
101 W. Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115
Fax: (216) 566-3266 Fax: (216) 566-3266
Do not use these contact methods for any purpose other than requesting reasonable accommodation with the application and selection process due to a disability. If you use these contact methods for any other purpose, you will generally not receive a response.