Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work
for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
This position provides a wide range of services to businesses and job seekers including outreach, recruitment, screening, assessments, workshops, job development training assistance and follow-ups to realize the vision, mission, values, goals, and strategic plan of the Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducts employer outreach to markets Goodwill business services to employers through phone contact, emails, correspondence, and face to face presentations. Updates databases as required and maintains a database and reference file of employer contacts.
2. Achieves individual placement, hourly wage and retention goals as per Goodwill’s Strategic Plan. Conducts business customer satisfaction survey. Takes an active role in development and implementation of strategies for continuous quality improvement.
3. Develops job leads and job orders to meet the needs of job seekers and employers. Interacts with job seekers and career resource specialists to ensure job leads match job seekers interests and skills.
4. Provides quality recruitment, lay-off aversion, out placement and other services to businesses including but not limited to pre-screening of applicants, targeted recruitment, hosted job fairs, job postings, job matching and interviewing assistance.
5. Conducts job readiness workshops that prepare job seekers for real-life business needs and expectations.
6. Responsible for providing viable job leads for WorkSource/American Job Service Center customers and meet the Target Analysis goals.
7. Assists in developing, maintaining and leading viable Business Advisory Collaborative and other partnership opportunities or events.
8. Provides other services to businesses such as assistance with applications for tax credit incentives, and information on labor market trends, Empowerment Zone program, Federal Bonding Program, reasonable accommodations and job training assistance opportunities.
9. Conducts regular labor market and industry needs analysis and stays current on business and hiring trends.
10. This position requires local travel extensively (> 50% of the time) a valid CA driver's license and state-required auto insurance required. Driving record must be acceptable by the company’s insurance vendor.
Education & Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years of sales related experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university required. A combination of training, education, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Experience in recruitment or staffing industry highly desired.
Strong interpersonal, organization, multitasking skills required. Critical thinking, self-motivation and high degree of integrity & ethics essential.
Ability to speak another language and understand another culture as if required by the program or local community.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Non-profit experience preferred.
Ability to handle confidential information.
Punctual and dependable attendance.
Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
Adheres to Goodwill’s values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about
your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Service Representative - JSC | SB- Waterman CRC
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with
barriers to employment. Persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of
1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other
characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination
against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of
qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or
subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her
disability. Equal employment
opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of
the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading,
training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please
notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the
need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.