Coordinates and supervises activities of equipment and personnel throughout the facility with a focus on optimizing Safety, Quality, Productivity and Spoilage.
- May change shifts and plant departments to cover absences or provide additional support.
- Applies knowledge of various processes, production methods and processes.
- Manages machinery set-up and adjustment and inspects products to ensure compliance to standards.
- Oversees quality and recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimal performance within the equipment limits.
- Communicates all pertinent information between departments and between shifts on changes to equipment, production schedules, production problems or any other related information.
-Works with employees on identifying, discussing solutions and implementing fixes on machinery and equipment problems.
- Perform and facilitate on the job training and/or coaching of all employees as needed or required
- Complete and/or administer necessary documentation such as process control checks, can ESEs, job progressions, disciplinary actions, monthly SAFE cards, time and attendance, accident reports and process control sheets.
Working experience in a manufacturing setting of 5-7 years (aluminum metal packaging background would be ideal) with at least 3 years in a supervisory/manager role.
- Bachelors level or related discipline with two or more related co-op or internship work assignments in a manufacturing setting would be an alternate for the 5-7 years of work experience listed above.
-Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles is a plus
- Ability to look at new solutions and think outside the box.
-Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees and deal with and relate to an assortment of personalities.
Packaging And Labeling