To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, MD 21601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP Patient Care Services & Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
University of Maryland Medical System • Easton, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Vice President, Patient Care Services & Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
UM Shore Regional Health
This position serves as the executive responsible for nursing practice and Patient Care services of assigned departments/ areas of responsibility across the entirety of Shore Regional Health and serves as the Chief Nursing Officer for the Health System. Nursing/Patient Care Services includes all inpatient and outpatient care as well as the practice of the system Advanced Practice Nurses. The executive has five primary domains of activity – leading, collaborating, integrating, facilitating, and evaluating. The executive provides leadership and vision for service delivery philosophy across the continuum of care, development and advancement within the organization in particular and for society at large. The executive is accountable for the quality and cost-effectiveness of care delivery services and creating a practice environment that empowers clinicians to provide effective, compassionate and efficient care.
As a Vice President, a member of the corporate management and leadership team, this position participates in planning, directing, coordinating, controlling, and evaluating operations of assigned departments/areas of responsibility and collaborating in directing the overall operations of the System. Assures quality and efficient services are delivered according to hospital, state, and national standards. Participates in policy making. Rotates as administrator-on-call for Shore Regional Health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Participates with the President/CEO and the Board(s) in the development, review, and revision of corporate goals and planning. Participates in the planning process – internal, short-range, and long-range.
- Advises, and effectively recommends to the President/CEO, Senior Leadership Team, new or changed policies and programs, approaches to the control of the budget, programs to develop new services, methods for development of management’s skills and improved productivity, and other organizational improvement opportunities.
- Supports and actively participates in UMMS corporate projects, task forces, committees. Assures SRH compliance with corporate initiatives and priorities.
- Acquires and allocates human, material, and financial resources for specific functions and processes.
- Evaluates and revises the systems and processes of SRH to enhance achievement of identified desired patient/client/family-centered outcomes.
- Ensures integration of all clinical services across all system entities, including maintaining a consistent standard of care and development and adherence to a standard set of policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in critical thinking, conflict management, and problem solving.
- Maintains and fosters collaborative relationships with medical staff.
- Develops systems that promote smooth flow and transition of patients and families through the continuum of care.
- Ensures the ongoing evaluation and innovation of services provided by organized nursing and clinical services and the organization as a whole.
- Facilitates the conduct, dissemination, and utilization of research in the areas of nursing, clinical, health and management systems.
- Serves as a professional role model and mentor to motivate, develop, recruit and retain staff and management.
- Serves as a change agent, assisting all staff in understanding the importance, necessity, impact, and process of change.
- Monitors the SRH’s performance activities and opportunities for improvement (clinical, medical, financial, patient, staff) through coordination and collaboration with the President/CEO, the Board(s), the Medical Staff, and other system personnel to ensure acceptable health care services.
- Promotes health care services that are produced in a cost effective manner endeavoring to employ economies while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and accrediting bodies governing health care providers.
- Encourages the integration of all aspects of the health care delivery system with the communities by using effective communication, public relations programs, and supporting the service excellence initiatives of SRH.
- Responds to the following Shore Regional Health System codes: Code Pink, Code D, Code Red (in the immediate area).
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of a baccalaureate in nursing with a master’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or related field, master’s degree or higher in nursing preferred.
- Current Maryland licensure, or eligibility.
- Atleast eight years of senior nursing management level experience in acute care.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.