Requisition ID: 133801
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Delivery
Employment Type: Full Time
The Kiewit Power Delivery Midwest Regional Estimator is an entry-level or early-career position focused on accurately estimating the cost of bid build projects in the power delivery market. The Estimator may work as an individual or with a team of estimators to estimate the cost to complete the project scope. This position understands the estimate process and follows company standards and is expected to engage with the regional leadership team to estimate the build strategy for the project. The Estimator will have opportunities to learn and understand all aspects of the estimating process as well as roles and responsibilities throughout Power Delivery Operations. The Estimator will present estimates to the executive leadership team in Kiewit Power Delivery during estimate reviews.
Kiewit Power Delivery. is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil & gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry-leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on excellence through continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to deliver for our clients. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of our Power District office located in Lenexa, KS.
• Follows company standards and process to support complete and accurate bid-build estimates for the Region
• Trains and mentors’ others in the preparation of Estimates.
• Reads and interpret Request for Proposal (RFP) Documents, construction drawings and specifications to understand scope of project
• Coordinates and facilitates some project meetings
• Collaborates with the Estimating Team and helps incorporate key decisions into the estimate
• Supports development of the Project schedule
• Completes and/or compiles all material takeoffs for the estimate
• Ensures all Subcontracts and Permanent Material quotes are reviewed and issued
• Assists in developing Labor wages and unit rates for tasks
• Supports the development of indirect costs associated with the project.
• Inputs costs accurately into the estimating software (Ineight Estimate)
• Assists in Identifying Risks for the project
• Develops comparison sheets with past projects for Review
• Supports the preparation of estimate review books and may provide documentation for Proposals Submittals
• Travel to project sites to collect data, as required
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or construction-related tech¬nology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• At least 2 years’ experience in a related role
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Understanding of construction means/methods
• Attention to detail, strong communication interpersonal skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Established time management skills
• Written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Architectural Drawing
- Attention To Detail
- Data Collection
- Interpersonal Skills