At Ruby, we are smitten with our customers, and rally our efforts to empower them to freely pursue their purpose. We know that investing in our small business customers and boosting their engagement can not only foster growth and meaningful connections but can also increase our customers' lifetime value. We are seeking an engaging Client Success Manager who cares deeply about cultivating customer relationships and has a laser focus on the health, retention, and expansion of their portfolio of accounts.
The Client Success Manager role requires a thorough knowledge of our services, products, and support systems, as well as the ability to help our customers achieve success with Ruby solutions. The person we're after is a solid post-sales expert who knows their way around technical troubleshooting, consults businesses on their goals with care and ease, and isn't afraid to tackle upsell and cross-sell to level up their customers' experiences.
As members of Ruby's Revenue Dept, CSMs directly impact the success of Ruby company initiatives on a regular basis, working in a one-to-many, month-to-month subscription model. The CSM team is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally and acting strategically throughout the customer journey to ensure our customers see Ruby as an irreplaceable extension of their team. A fantastic career opportunity for experienced CSMs, new members of the team hit the ground running acting as growth accelerators and trusted advisors to their assigned customer base.
This position reports to the Director, Customer Success and is open to U.S.-based remote candidates (state-dependent) as well as in-office candidates in the Portland, OR metro area. What You'll Be Accountable For
Key Success Indicators
- Own a portfolio of Ruby customers, ensuring their success, connection to Ruby's value, and trust in our products and services, with a laser focus on retention and long-term customer growth.
- Meet or exceed Monthly Recurring Revenue retention targets and specific activity targets (e.g. proactive calls, NPS, connections, follow-ups) while meeting CS department standards for response times and SLAs.
- Take ownership of our company's retention goals by proactively identifying, escalating, and resolving churn risk, as well as retain customers when a cancel is requested.
- Exercise a variety of tactics, including building customer success plans and quarterly reviews, and proactively communicating via scheduled calls, video conferences, and email to educate customers, solve problems, and drive engagement with Ruby products and services, e.g. Chat, mobile/web app adoption, porting, etc.
- Foster and leverage genuine relationships with customers to create Ruby advocates, build a pool of willing participants for marketing campaigns, promote word of mouth referrals, and generate and close cross-sell opportunities.
- Evaluate where engagement and feature adoption are lacking, and design strategies for converting customers to Ruby super-users.
- Be the voice of Ruby customers, soliciting feedback and sharing their requests to inform cross-functional initiatives to improve customer experience and increase their lifetime value with Ruby.
- Stay up to date on Ruby's processes and offerings, as well as industry and Customer Success best practices, and regularly share learnings and collaborate with teammates to help shape future playbooks.
Your Work DNA
- You have a strong understanding and appreciation of the big picture, with the ability to articulate and rally behind Ruby's business goals, our customers' goals, and the work you do that impacts them.
- Your ability to confidently anticipate your customer's need makes some think you may be a mind-reader. Your ability to connect that need to a Ruby solution and paint a convincing picture of the value derived makes others think you might have been in Sales or Marketing in another life.
- You are a logical thinker and use data, process documentation, and your gut instincts to extrapolate meaning and translate customer speak into sensible action items and usable instructions.
- You can work independently, and are recognized for being resourceful, accountable, proactive, and productive.
- You keep an eye out for opportunities to pitch in and extend your time and efforts when it can help the greater good. You are known for being collaborative, easy to work with, and dedicated to moving company initiatives forward as a team.
- Escalations and tough conversations don't phase you - you relish the challenge of finding new solutions and turning situations around with your listening, empathy, and excellent judgment.
- Ruby Reliability -I thrive on earning the trust of clients, co-workers, and our internal partners. I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to ensure procedures are followed creating continuity with our processes and customer satisfaction expectations are met if not exceeded.
- Resolution Driven -I innovatively find solutions to challenges clients are experiencing by collaborating with management and interdepartmental subject matter experts that can source alternative and effective solutions to support our clients effectively strengthening out partnerships. We are in this together!
- Collaborative mindset -I collaborate with others; I strive to share information openly; I actively listen and take time to empathize and understand the viewpoints and perspectives of others; I Fondly show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others.
- Integrity first approach -I am proud of the way I represent myself and Ruby every day and in every action; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest, and open conversations while creating a positive work environment where open dialogue is appreciated and valued; I represent information and data accurately and completely.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience succeeding as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager required with 1 year in a Customer Support role at a Technology company preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed individual and departmental goals, and performance metrics expectations in current role.
- Driven by Ruby's Mission, Vision, and a love of small businesses. A shining example of providing top-notch customer experiences.
- Familiarity with CRM databases required, Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent reliability and record of responsible attendance, including effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with diverse audiences over the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Thrive when multi-tasking in a technology-driven environment, balancing inbound and project-based work, and managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience and comfort with serving customers with high-urgency requests.
- Proficient in a variety of MS Office applications, solid computer skills, and an ability and desire to learn new skills.
- Track record of ongoing personal improvement, independent learning, and goal setting and achievement.
Candidates near Portland have the option to work from our beautiful open-concept office. Ruby requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their booster before working in-office, full-time or hybrid. If an in-office environment isn't for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad. The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person or virtually, by phone and computer.
Ruby participates in e-Verify where mandated by state or federal law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!About Ruby
Ruby is a U.S.-based live virtual receptionist company that creates meaningful and timely connections between our customers and their clients using our award-winning technology with our best-in-class services team. Trusted by more than 14,000 small businesses, Ruby delivers personalized customer experience solutions 24x7, 365 days a year giving critical time back in the day to our small business owners so they can freely pursue their purpose, cultivating diverse and thriving local economies.
Founded in 2003, Ruby has earned national and global recognition with honors such as a 2022 Gold Stevie awards for CEO of the Year and Customer Service Employer of the Year, designation from Fortune magazine as a Best Small Company to Work For in the U.S., inclusion in the Inc. Best Workplaces, repeat Great Places to Work rankings and 14 consecutive years as one of Portland's Fastest Growing Businesses. Ruby has over 700 U.S based employees. To learn more, visit ruby.com. Work Environment
Candidates near downtown Portland, OR, have the option to work from our beautiful open-concept office. Ruby requires employees who work in the office (full-time or hybrid) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their bivalent booster. If an in-office environment isn't for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad.
The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person or virtually, by phone and computer.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
- Customer Experience
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Satisfaction