Are you a self-starter that takes pride in your work and loves troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing issues within mechanical, electrical (specifically welding) and pneumatic systems? Are you mechanically inclined and comfortable in a production welding environment? Do you have experience working with customers to solve their problems and leading training sessions about products and processes? Can you build relationships with customers to become a trusted adviser?
The ITW MIG Gun Division (Bernard and Tregaskiss) is currently looking for a Field Technical Support Specialist (FSS) to supplement our existing world-class Technical Support team with an emphasis in Heavy Duty welding applications in industries such as Heavy Equipment, Rail and Ship. Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, this position is ideally located in the Chicagoland area.
This FSS will be tasked with supporting our highest priority 80’s end users with the fast, reliable technical assistance they’ve come to expect from Bernard/Tregaskiss. Support will be required in-person or over the phone/email. This individual will also contribute to on-going updates and additions to our internal product database (TRD) as well as technical manuals, instructions and CAD model requests. The FSS will assist our outside sales team members to win new business and defend current by offering world-class technical support. These tasks include troubleshooting, technical/repair/product training, facility audits, ROI calculations, product recommendations and equipment optimization. Our FSS team also works with Product Line Managers (PLMs) at both Bernard and Tregaskiss to identify trends in the field (product needs, customer pains, etc.) and help conduct field trial testing on-site at customer locations. You will also be responsible for developing and delivering training content to our internal and external teams.
This FSS will need to be able to travel approximately 60% of the time to regularly support major end users throughout the Midwest, occasionally in PA, and the South East. Occasional trips to major accounts on either coast and some international travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, strong Microsoft suite skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) and is proficient in web-based solutions (Concur, D-365). We are looking for a self-starter that works well within a team environment and independently. A company truck, phone, laptop and tool kit will be provided.
Required Education, Background:
- Post-secondary Engineering degree/diploma or technical degree/diploma equivalent (min. 3 yr. program) or five (5) years + of relevant work experience – welding engineer, weld tech, maintenance manager, field support, etc.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience with Heavy Deposition welding in both automation and semi-auto applications
- Experience in troubleshooting and managing customer expectations in production environments – in heavy equipment, rail, ship industries preferred. Automotive experience an asset. Sales experience is also an asset.
- Experience troubleshooting industrial controls – Ethernet IP, PLCs, robot programming, etc.
- Background in welding automation is an asset.
- Understanding of the GMAW welding process and equipment
- A strong mechanical aptitude, including experience maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical, electrical and welding equipment
- Strong troubleshooting skills – demonstrated ability to separate and evaluate individual systems (pneumatic, mechanical and electrical) to determine root cause/failure mode(s).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are essential to this role
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications and web-based solutions (Power Point, Word, Excel, Concur, D365, etc.)
Complex Problem Solving
Gas Metal Arc Welding