To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pecatonica, IL 61063
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. • Pecatonica, IL
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Employee Type:Full time
Job Type:Environmental Health & Safety
Job Posting Title:EHS Manager
The Manager of EHS (Environmental Health Safety) & Risk Management is responsible for leading environmental compliance, occupational safety and health (EHS) and security strategy for the Pecatonica, IL Plant. This position is responsible for implementing effective EHS & Risk Management programs, aligned with Corporate EHS & Risk Management, that enable the site to effectively identify and mitigate EHS risks. This role will direct multidisciplinary groups and EHS programs in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and internal standards to drive continual improvement and an incident free work environment.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight, aligned with Corporate EHS & Risk Management, for environmental, occupational health, safety, industrial hygiene, occupation medical, and security issues.
- Implement programs and procedures to address existing and emerging (EHS and security) issues related to operations, policies and regulations, including federal, state, and local requirements. This includes but is not limited to: training, inspections, audits, sampling or conformance with Corporate EHS and Security Programs
- Lead cross functional and multidisciplinary team to address EHS and security site issues, formulate proposal for strategic and tactical responses, and advise site leadership of impacts and mitigation strategies.
- Implement an incident investigation methodology, aligned with corporate EHS & Risk Management, at sites to ensure incidents are investigated and root causes are identified.
- Interprets and provides guidance on policies, legislation and documents related to environmental health and safety and security initiatives to ensure compliance of all employees, equipment and the facility.
- Supports the Pecatonica site leadership, supervisors and employees to ensure the site success to drive towards zero environmental and employee health & safety incidents. Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Ensure that site regulatory and internal reporting is submitted on time and is accurate and reproducible. Monitor site metrics and implement programs to address undesirable trends.
- Site EHS liaison for applicable regulatory agencies and internal THS organizations (Engineering, CI, etc.). Support cross functional relationship with site FSQ, Eng, and Maintenance organizations.
- Participate in the THS EHS & Risk Management network (communities, conferences, audits) representing the site to develop and implement THS EHS programs and practices consistency throughout the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements: (List minimum requirements for skills and experience for this position. Be clear on which items are required vs preferred.)
- Minimum education required: B. S. in Scientific, Engineering or technical discipline with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Trained subject matter expertise with lockout/tagout, machine guarding, ergonomics, incident investigation, safety behavior and observation, combustible dust, and environmental regulations. Professional certification CSP, CIH, CHP preferred
- Outcome focused leader who is organized and able to manage large complex projects
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Skilled in leading strategic initiatives, planning and management of change
- Knowledgeable in OSHA's Process Safety Management and/or EPA's Risk Management Plan Standards.
- Technical EHS skills: behavior-based principles, engineering, hazard recognition, risk assessment and worker compensation administration
- Business / financial knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Have a general understanding of production processes, equipment, systems typically found in a manufacturing environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, team-building, and leadership skills
- Experience with environmental management information systems (EMIS) and support software (ex. Intelex, Site Hawk, ISN, or Alchemy) preferred.
Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Engineering or Industrial Technology, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety or related
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
Travel (other than driving)
Enter 10 % of time
Unusual Working Hours
Some second shift oversight maybe required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.