To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ellettsville, IN 47429
- Maryanne Dorsey
- Phone: 812-935-2333
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
NETWORK ENGINEER I
Smithville Communicatio • Ellettsville, IN
Posted 2 months ago
Smithville, an established and trusted local provider of Internet, Voice and Streaming TV services is seeking a flexible, energetic, experienced Network Engineer I to join our team. At Smithville, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide our customers with excellent troubleshooting, customer service and prompt solutions to their needs. This full-time position reports directly to the Network Engineering Manager.
As part of Network Engineering, this position is responsible for development, maintenance, and support of networks that provide services to Smithville customers.
Please note: Because this position does not require at least a bachelor's degree, it will not qualify for work visa sponsorship.
• Make network modifications and install hardware necessary to expand the network.
• Communicate professionally with customers to resolve service issues and ascertain any needs.
• Configure routers, switches, and other network devices as needed to expand services, respond to customer needs, and ensure network security.
• Monitor network for usage and provide recommendations as necessary for maintaining adequate service for customers.
• Implement methods to satisfy contractual obligations to customers regarding monitoring.
• Respond to network disruptions in a timely manner, troubleshoot problems in the network infrastructure between Smithville and the customer, and affect appropriate repairs.
• Provide upgrades to network equipment as needed with the least disruption to Smithville customers occasionally requiring work at late hours and on weekends.
• Maintain detailed documentation in all aspects of the position including procedures, network layout, device configurations, and all other areas as necessary.
• Follow trends in information technology with a focus on networks.
• Provide after-hours, weekend, and holiday on-call support on a scheduled basis and at unscheduled times in emergency situations. Some customers may require moderate travel times to reach their facilities.
• Assists in the development and training of others.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in technical field, or equivalent combination of applicable education/experience
• The ability to gain technical certification(s) is required
• 0 to 6 years of network engineering experience, preferable in Calix, Cisco or Fujitsu systems
• Experience in implementing and managing IP networks
• Familiarity with Metro-Ethernet deployments
We’ve Got You Covered
We offer a comprehensive, extremely generous benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, discounted company products/services, a retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit.
Review of employment applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Smithville is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.