The Financial Services organization caters to over 30 million Sears's card members and provides financial products to meet the needs of Sears Holdings' customers. The goal of Financial Services is to offer financial products and services that will enable our stores to sell more products and generate more profitable sales. The major services that are currently offered by Financial Services include Credit, Leasing, Lay Away, Gift Cards and Alternative Financial Services.
As a vital member of the Financial Services organization, the Director of Financial Services - Field Sales will develop and implement the strategy to evolve and grow the Financial Services portfolio of financing vehicles that will continue to increase sales and profitability for SHC. The Director of Financial Services will support and provide direction to a team of regional managers across the nation with the goal of ensuring that Financial Services sales opportunities are maximized across all Sears formats. Furthermore, in this role the Director of Financial Services will work closely with business partners to identify opportunities for new business in addition to ensuring that all existing FS Acquisition and Share metrics are met.
- Partner with various stakeholders throughout the company to expand and promote the use of all Financial Services products.
- Work closely and be able to provide direction to credit partners to identify opportunities for business growth i.e. increased application volume, approval rates and Sears Card usage.
- Identify growth opportunities for Financial Services through the introduction of innovative products that could potentially result in the expansion of our lending universe.
- Provide direction and support to the Financial Services Regional Managers to ensure that all Financial Services sales opportunities are maximized.
- Develop and implement overall strategic plan for the Financial Services Regional Managers.
- Engages all levels of management to build mutually beneficial partnerships and incorporates the various formats' initiatives into opportunities to present and offer Financial Services across the organization.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and Store Operations to execute flawlessly planned strategies and tactics.
- Review and initiate when necessary, market research to anticipate competition and market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new directions.
- Partner with the analytics team to establish and track performance metrics to refine and optimize offerings.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Prepare and manage the annual field team budget.
- This role will require travel at least 50% of the time.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Must be adept at forging and nurturing relationships across business lines.
- Solid leadership skills/track record. Experience in developing field sales teams required.
- Extensive knowledge of Financial Services products such as credit, leasing, layaway, and gift cards.
- Good understanding of Credit, Marketing and Sales principles.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in Excel, Power Point and other Windows applications.
- Analytic with ability to think and lead strategically, but with a keen attention to detail.
Bachelors in Business, MBA preferred.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 977638BR
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.