To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 South Northpark Lane
Joplin, MO 64801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Social Services Director
Spring River Christian Village • Joplin, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway to senior living – a future in which older adults thrive.
We offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As a faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered, cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every resident in our community.
We are seeking a Social Services Director to provide support, advise and counsel to Residents and their families on social matters. Listen to Residents and families’ concerns and assist appropriate community staff to implement appropriate actions.
- Competitive Salary
- PathwayPay (daily pay) – Get your pay, when you need it.
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks
- Plan and prepare programs to assist residents in social and emotional aspects of illnesses, treatments, and general life at the community.
- Participate in pre-admission interviews.
- Assume responsibility for admitting new residents in the absence of a Director of Admissions.
- Obtain social history on new residents and maintain records.
- Complete Social Services portion of MDS for all residents.
- Counsel residents and their families, documenting findings, approaches, and solutions.
- Assist residents and their families in the transition to/from Medicare, Medicaid, and private pay.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the residents and their families, addressing and assisting in finding solutions to any problems that arise.
- Participate in the team care plan meetings to incorporate social service plans and goals into residents’ care plans.
- Document social service progress notes to reflect the progression or regression toward established goals.
- Act as community HIPAA Compliance Officer, taking on all tasks and duties as described in the corporate HIPAA policies.
- Coordinate discharge planning with residents, families, and staff.
- Develop discharge summaries and post discharge plans of care.
- Help residents and their families prepare for discharge, providing for medical equipment, contacting hospice care, or any other necessary services.
- Maintain a community resource file for assistance in meeting residents’ physical, mental, psychosocial, spiritual, financial, legal, and other identified needs.
- Oversee the resident and family councils.
- Plan and manage the process of ensuring the department meets all state and federal standards and does well in all compliance surveys.
- Ensure quality customer service to the residents, families, staff, and all external customers the department serves.
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of the faith-based care provided, keeping constituent and donor opinions in mind when making decisions.
- Function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide quality care to all residents.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each resident by consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their care.
- Conduct staff meetings with departmental staff, coordinate, and implement departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
- Direct and supervise scheduling of employees within established guidelines for allocation of personnel on duty.
- Assume responsibility for department compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate regulations.
- Assume accountability for the development, organization and implementation of approved policies and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, hire department staff, conduct counseling interviews and initiate disciplinary action as necessary.
- Orient new employees to their duties according to the corporate guidelines.
- Demonstrate consistent management of staff and resources.
- Operate department within the established budget guidelines.
- Organize and maintain all records necessary.
- Supervise proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, staff, volunteers, and families to ensure residents are receiving the best quality care.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep abreast of changes in the profession.
- Participate in developing, planning, conducting, and scheduling in-service training classes to help ensure a well-educated staff.
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, residents’ rights, and those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
- Apply the minimum necessary standard in all matters related to residents’ protected health information.
- Bachelors in Social Work required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous Social Work experience preferred.
- Long-term care and MDS experience preferred.
- Able to follow and give written and oral directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with personnel, residents, families, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a desire to continuously learn.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined by Christian Horizons’ background check policy, with no disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more of the offenses defined within.