To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2701 Navistar Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Affairs Specialist
Navistar, Inc. • Lisle, IL
Posted 21 days ago
- Driven By Uptime. Our focus is delivering Trucks and Buses that carry on the promise of being on the road, and staying there.
Based in metro Chicago, Navistar, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of trucks and buses and member of the Fortune 500. Our culture is to do things in days, not months, with the goal of delivering superior levels of product performance to our customers. We are looking for an Environmental Affairs Specialist with this kind of commitment and drive to be part of our success story and help take our company to the next level. This will be a great opportunity to work on a broad range of environmental issues.
The Environmental Affairs Specialist will have the following duties and responsibilities that may include the following:
- Function as subject matter expert supporting a variety of environmental matters
- Provide support to Navistar facilities in day-to-day environmental duties, which includes understanding all applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Ensure facility's compliance, correcting noted violations as soon as possible
- Managing legacy liabilities, including CERCLA cases
- Environmental due diligence
- Key part of the sustainability team, managing metrics and goals and helping prepare sustainability reports
- Support corporate activities such as training, internal auditing, developing or modifying environmental policy and procedures, and compliance assurance
- Other duties as required
Position Purpose and Requirements
Develops and implements the organization's positions on environmental policy issues regarding the impact of the organization's operations on water, air and land quality. Designs and implements programs to ensure healthful and safe working conditions and compliance with all environmental regulations, including clean air and hazardous waste disposal, on the organization's premises. Serves as a liaison with external government environmental agencies. Monitors programs and maintains up-to-date records required by environmental permits to ensure government compliance.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of regulatory affairs / government relations experience
- Master's degree and at least 3 years of regulatory affairs / government relations experience
- At least 7 years of regulatory affairs / government relations experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Exposure to and working familiarity with regulations in each media including air, land and water (Clean Air Act, RCRA, CWA & NPDES, EPCRA, CERCLA, SARA, HazMat), with a particular strength in at least one area
- Superfund project management and environmental due diligence experience
- Experience as part of an environmental audit team
A combination of some the following skills is highly beneficial
- PE strongly desired
- QEP, CHMM, RAB Lead Auditor Certification a plus
- Product stewardship experience a plus
- ISO 14001 experience desired
- International experience beneficial
- Comfortable working on sustainability issues, including developing metrics and goals and corporate sustainability initiatives
- Must have the ability to develop good working relationships with regulatory agencies and must have experience working with environmental consultants and lawyers
- Energy management and auditing experience a plus
- Organizational agility
- Strong analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Comfortable dealing with Higher Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Managing Through Systems
- Timely Decision Making
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.