For over 29 years, Healix has supported healthcare providers through innovative products and services. Whether we are managing an office infusion center within a physician's practice or providing high quality compounded sterile preparations to a hospital system, our team is dedicated to helping our clients provide extraordinary patient care.
Working at Healix means that you have the opportunity to impact thousands of patients each day while sharpening your business skills across multiple disciplines. We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for creating progressive solutions and who thrive in a fast-paced, rewarding work environment.
HEALIX HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR:
A strong Medical Collections Specialist
to join our expert team of business and healthcare minded professionals.
This position is responsible for the collection processes on assigned accounts. The individual is responsible for researching unpaid charges, working with carriers to resolve open balances, and collaborating with internal parties to streamline collection processes. Responsibilities for the Medical Collections Specialist job include:
Qualification skills for the Medical Collections Specialist job include:
- Perform verbal and written collection activity with insurance carriers for expediting claims reimbursement.
- Compile necessary patient record information for effective appeals as required.
- Submit appeals using department resources in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
- Perform consistent follow up practices with insurance providers.
- Apply discount, bad debt, and other AR adjustments on a timely basis per company policy.
- Review of all assigned correspondence and timely responses to ensure proper claim reimbursement.
• Excellent customer service skills
• 3-4 years of hospital or infusion collection experience
• Proactive thinker, multi-tasker and detailed oriented
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
Attention To Detail