Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization! GHD has an opening for a Fire Protection Consultant in our Concord (San Francisco) office.
As a recognized leader in the field of fire protection, GHD has a national network of licensed fire protection engineers, consultants and designers. We use a blend of engineering, science and technology to discover practical, innovative and efficient solutions that address fire and life safety matters within the built environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare Reports and Code Approach Letters
- Developing Contract Documents for Fire Protection, Fire Alarm and Special Suppression Systems
- Preparation of Alternate Means and Methods and Engineering Judgments
- Hazardous Materials and Special Hazard Analysis
- Condition Assessments of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
- Collaborating with Building/Fire Officials
- Design, Testing, and Commissioning of Smoke Control Systems
- Oversight of AutoCAD and REVIT Design
- Quality Control/ Quality Assurance
- Codes and Standards Development
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology (FPSET), or related field
- 5+ years of Direct Experience in Project Management, Evaluation/Design of Fire Protection Systems and Building/Fire Code Consultation
- Experience in Developing Contract Documents for Fire Protection and Fire Alarm for Multitude Types of Projects, including Federal, Healthcare, and State.
- In-depth Knowledge of Building and Fire Codes and Standards
- Experience in Fire and Egress Computer Modeling and Performance Based Analysis
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in Fire Protection Engineering
- Master's degree in Fire Protection Engineering
- Experience in the Application of Fire Modeling (FDS, CONTAM, Pathfinder, CFAST, etc.)
- AutoCAD and/or REVIT Design Capability and Experience
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Business Development
- Civil Engineering
- Compact Flash