One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Behavioral Health Connection is seeking a dynamic and talented Staff Accountant!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the daily functions in accordance with IRS regulations and current acceptable accounting principles and practices, to include but not limited to the daily Intra-company billings, payroll, accounts payable and financial accounting responsibilities for Behavioral Health Connections (BHC).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly BHC Intra-company billing an send to all participating facilities and send entries to Corporate for posting.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for all employees of BHC which include coordinating all payroll functions with all locations and Managers.
- Coordinate with BHC Human Resources all necessary payroll responsibilities to ensure accurate and timely payroll.
- Coordinate all Accounts Payable processes for BHC which includes coding invoices, check request and business expense reports; preparing and mailing checks; and filing check copies with invoices.
- Responsible for various monthly account reconciliations and schedules on the monthly BHC financial package.
- Prepare necessary month end journal entries for BHC.
- Assist with the billing and collections of all Accounts Receivables.
- All duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
Three to Five years of experience as a Staff Accountant required. Must be proficient with Excel.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan (if applicable)
- 401k plan with company match (if applicable)
- Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. an a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we", "us", "our", or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.