Are you a highly motivated, enthusiastic, team player? Quail Run Behavioral Health is looking for a biller/collector for its very busy business office. Applicant will be responsible for billing all inpatient accounts through Change Billing system (formally Emdeon) and all outpatient billing through Med Series 4. Once billed, applicant will be responsible for follow-up with both insurance companies and private pay patients to ensure timely collections. Documentation and communication with co-workers and supervisor are key to being successful in the position. All members of the business office team are expected to meet weekly quotas and are bonus’d based on collection goals. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in medical billing and collecting (preferably Psych); must have working knowledge of Excel, Work, and Outlook; must have knowledge of Medicare, Managed Medicare, Managed Medicaid, as well as commercial insurance plans and know the difference between the types of insurance; must understand deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance. Quail Run offers competitive wages and benefits. If you are the type of person who loves to stay busy, likes working with hardworking team members, wants to make a difference in the lives of Mental Health patients and their families, apply now.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Patient Biller/Collector is responsible for the billing, follow-up, and collection of assigned patient accounts by contacting patients, insurance companies, and third-party payers to resolve all outstanding owed balances.
1. Knowledge of CPT codes and all code procedures.
2. Knowledge of insurance billing and collection procedures.
3. Knowledge of computers and business software, including Excel.
4. Knowledge of managed care.
5. Knowledge of payment planning and billing techniques.
6. Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
7. Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills.
9. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
10. Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
11. Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
1. Provide account and billing information to patients, insurance companies and/or collection agencies.
2. Ensure the effective implementation of collection measures for uncollected accounts:
a. Contact insurance company regarding billing within 15 days following billing submission, to assure that it has been received.
b. Control collection efforts of accounts in an organized, professional and efficient manner.
c. Contact third party and private payers regarding outstanding billings a minimum of twice every thirty days.
d. Prepare billing corresponding within 72 hours of receipt.
e. Ensure a minimum of thirty (30) contacts are made daily and documented in HMS.
f. Complete a denial notification when payments are denied.
3. Provide required follow-up on all patients accounts.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum oftwo (2)years’ experience in health care collections and medical billing. Psych experience preferred.
Medical Billing And Coding