Company is in search of a Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis to join their Corporate Finance team. The role is responsible for overseeing Company’s budgeting, planning, forecasting, strategic business assessments, and ongoing financial reporting and analysis. They will manage the decision support and financial analysis efforts for business units, providing the financial modeling, rationale, risks, and budget implications plus cost/value assessment that supports Company’s business decisions.
The responsibilities of a Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the end-to-end development of budgets, strategic business plans, revenue/expense forecasts, capital projections, and monthly tracking of actual results, which includes:
- Developing budgets, monthly reforecasts, and all supporting financial analysis including managing monthly reporting, monitoring, and financial variance explanations.
- Supporting the development of governance financial materials and providing the business rationale that supports financial information.
- Develops, maintains, and fosters communications to multi-department management and staff, which includes:
- Facilitating monthly review sessions with key stakeholders to ensure integrity of all financial reporting and identification of financial risks and uncertainties.
- Providing analytical reports so they fully understand the business units’ year-to-date results, monthly trends, annual budget submissions, and recurring forecasts.
- Provides financial consulting on key strategic initiatives and priorities to help the business units stay focused on achieving their strategic goals by:
- Validating all cross-functional charges and allocations to align with the business direction and scope.
- Ensuring staffing priorities are in-line with changing business priorities, through rigorous resource tracking, reporting, forecasting, and monitoring.
- Advises and creates business-driven financial analyses, ensuring alignment with business strategies, priorities, and financial requirements, including:
- Modeling the viability of new business efforts to include cost-benefit analyses, revenue alternatives, and costing scenarios based on the business leaders’ strategic direction and input.
- Short and long term financial planning, including all investment products by building and analyzing multiple financial scenarios based on business and market assumptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, with progressive responsibility within a Finance or FP&A environment.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Previous experience using financial/accounting systems.
- Experience managing several concurrent projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerBI.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
- Well-organized, detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team setting.
- Certified Corporate FP&A Professional credential a plus.