To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- TIAA Bank
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Loan Review Analyst
TIAA Bank • Mount Laurel, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position reports to the Commercial Loan Review Manager and performs various loan file and portfolio review duties within the scope of the internal Commercial Loan Review function. Primary duties include individual loan file reviews that encompass original underwriting quality assessment, completeness of approval and closing documentation, risk rating appropriateness, and compliance with established policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements. In addition, this position will evaluate portfolio monitoring activities for effectiveness and adherence to established procedures including periodic customer reviews, covenant compliance tracking, downstream risk rating adjustments and concentration management.
This position can be placed in Charlotte, NC; Jacksonville, FL; Parsippany, NJ; or Mt Laurel, NJ.
- Perform timely and thorough reviews on loan relationships and segments within identified lending areas. These reviews will include the independent review of loans for confirmation of compliance to internal policies, procedures, validation of proper approval authorities, confirmation of appropriate risk ratings at loan inception and ongoing, assessment of the appropriateness of transactional loan loss reserves, adherence to regulatory requirements, loan documentation completeness and accuracy, and data integrity, as well as analysis and recommendations for changes in risk ratings and loan allowance reserves, if appropriate.
- Identify and stay abreast of best practices and regulatory or policy/procedure changes from underwriting through to the closing process, including assisting with the assurance of common definitions and procedures across covered business units. Act as a catalyst for change by communicating industry/regulatory standards to the 1 st and 2 nd lines of defense.
- Identify issues and document observations to provide timely and appropriate feedback, corrective recommendations, and/or process enhancement suggestions to the Commercial Loan Review Manager to address any deficiencies identified during the review process.
- Professionally interact with various lines of business personnel to increase the level of understanding regarding individual loan characteristics, procedures and controls, and portfolio activities and trends.
- Identify, report, and monitor administrative, policy and regulatory exceptions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- A thorough understanding of various types of commercial lending utilizing multiple structures and loan products, common lending practices and procedures, and associated loan documentation requirements for a wide range of loan products.
- A thorough understanding of the approved risk rating definitions and application.
- A thorough understanding of loss given default and reserve allocation assessment methodology.
- Possess functional and technical skills and knowledge sufficient to complete job requirements.
- Familiarity with bank regulatory and compliance standards as they pertain to the commercial lending and portfolio management function.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Practices attentive and active listening..
- Must be able to cope with change and act prudently based upon the available information.
- Solid credit underwriting and analytical capabilities using sound decision-making ability that takes into consideration a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a time critical environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to grasp new concepts and work streams quickly in a changing environment.
- The ability to operate in a fact based environment while exploring and understanding mitigations and risk appropriate alternatives.
- The ability to identify and communicate opportunities for process improvement enhancements.
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Solid competency of Windows Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work professionally with others.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in a Business, Finance, Audit or Risk related field required.
- Minimum of an aggregate of 5 years of relevant work experience in Commercial Credit Underwriting, Portfolio Management, or Loan Review is required.
- Formal bank credit training or equivalent required, including an understanding of commercial bank loan accounting conventions.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB legal duty to furnish information.