Insure the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets, personnel, customers and all visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with the control of visitor traffic so as to provide any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors with the department's procedures.
2. Performs internal and external security surveillance/patrols,
3. Enforces DHL badge procedures, protecting property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents, writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
3. Perform other duties as assigned. (Within the scope of security)
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. High school or GED. Completion of any Security/Law Enforcement training program from an accredited educational institution preferred.
3. Six (6) months experience performing security work preferred.
4. Must not have a record of preventable motor vehicle collisions or convictions for moving traffic violations which would indicate the applicant may be an unsafe driver.
5. Knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgments decisions within proper policy and procedures.