To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Information Technology Auditor*
Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation • Madison, WI
Posted 21 days ago
This position leads IT internal audit work per generally accepted professional audit standards and guidelines throughout WPS, including the coordination of such work with others or the supervision of such work performed by others. This job participates on integrated engagements supporting the financial and operational auditors by testing IT general controls.
Characteristics and Responsibilities
Information Technology Auditing (90%)
- Plan and manage audit engagements, including the planning and development of IT programs for audit testing and evaluation, staff supervision and evaluation, quality assurance, and reporting of audit results with participation in these activities under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Conduct audits of moderate to complex information systems and technologies to evaluate and document whether control systems provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of the following objectives: effectiveness and efficiency of IT operations; reliability of financial reporting systems; compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal policies; and safeguarding IT assets from waste, loss and abuse.
- Lead complex audits of Information Technology Controls for networks, operating systems, applications, and databases and their utilities and components focusing on: access to programs and data - physical and logical security; computer operations – service level management, management of third party services, system availability, configuration and system management, problem and incident management, operations management scheduling and facilities management; IT environment controls – governance process, monitoring, and reporting; program development – system development and quality assurance methodologies; change management – enhancements, break-fixes, incident resolution, releases; disaster recovery planning; project management; and disaster recovery and business continuity
- Assume lead role in the evaluation and assessment of risks associated with general IT functions, controls and applications, including areas required by CMS-Medicare, DHA-Tricare, HIPAA, ERISA, Model Audit Rule and other legislation.
- Identify and research emerging risks, industry and regulatory changes to assist and counsel WPS management on planning and strategy execution.
- Schedule and perform follow-up audits as required to report on the current status of action plans.
- Prepare formal written audit reports to be distributed to members of the Audit Committee, WPS executive management, as well as to management over the audited areas.
Education and Training (10%)
- Maintain an advanced understanding of IT control environment, risk management and insurance.
- Coordinate and facilitate staff training and education opportunities.
- Ensure the protection of WPS’ hardware, software, information and data by complying with Corporate security requirements.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- 6 or more years of demonstrated IT experience, including 4 or years of experience with IT Audit or compliance with internal audit. IT experience must include a track record of working with complex integrated IT environments.
- Extensive knowledge of information technology control model (i.e. NIST, COBIT, COSO, FISCAM)
- 2 or more years of experience in data security, project management, Enterprise Resource Planning System (i.e. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP) Mainframe (AS/400)
- 1 or year of experience with computer assisted audit techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related field
- Certified Security Professional (i.e. CISSP, CISA or CISM) license, or in current program to complete within 2 or more years of WPS employment
- Postgraduate degree or active in a current program to complete