To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Green Bay, WI
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Payroll and Tax Manager
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. • Green Bay, WI
Posted 27 days ago
Employee Type:Full time
Location:WI Green Bay Willowbrook
Job Type:Human Resources Payroll
Job Posting Title:Senior Payroll and Tax Manager
The Senior Payroll Manager serves as the internal business owner of Payroll Processing, Garnishments/Child Support, and US and Canadian Payroll Taxes.
This position supervises the payroll function to ensure data integrity and accurate and efficient payroll processing and tax payments. The position is responsible for compliance with all federal and state regulatory agencies, where required, with regard to payroll processing, tax withholding/reporting/payments. This position ensures SOX requirements with a system of internal controls that provides documentation, checks and balances for all payroll processes to ensure safeguarding of company assets and regulatory agency requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role serves as an advocate for the business by identifying improvement initiatives and recommendations for change to support the company's continued growth. This would involve creating collaborative and cross-functional partnerships with other functions to streamline processes and/or support new initiatives. It would also include recommendations in Payroll tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues and maintaining legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws, in both the US and Canada. This position would help to provide data needed to support business needs/ analysis. This role would be involved in organizational and strategic decisions impacting payroll and related functions.
This position serves as a key member in maintaining HR Systems as related to payroll and tax. This would involve configuration planning for needed upgrades and acquisition integration as well as system audits, researching system issues and/or testing. This will require cross functional business knowledge and partnership as well as developing a repeatable process in areas such as project management, testing and training. This would also involve ongoing maintenance of the database as related to payroll (i.e. configuration changes to support the business and/or data loads, patches application testing, etc.) as needed. It would include overseeing all year end related activities in Payroll.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance as questions arise from business partners.
- Lead the selection of, implementation and manage the relationship with contracted vendors used in the Payroll Departments such as pay card providers, unemployment vendor and tax software.
- Creates and maintains documentation for new and changing processes and backs up the payroll processing functions if necessary.
- Maintaining and applying internal control standards - SOX compliance.
- Manage all audits with government agencies in regard to employment tax and work comp.
- Implement best practices for payroll processing accuracy, tax payments, automated workflows, timekeeping, etc.
- Oversee and audit all federal, state and local employment tax returns on a quarterly basis for compliance with reporting requirements.
- Complete understanding of the complexities and intricacies of Executive and salary exempt processes including but not limited to restricted stock awards, non-qualified stock, deferred comp and other long term incentives.
- Provides leadership to payroll specialists and offers ongoing coaching, guidance, support, growth opportunities and feedback as needed, both informally and formally through the PDR process.
- Trains and supports HR/Finance as needed on all payroll and tax related processes.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- MS Office Suite
- Project Management
- Report Writing
- Must have experience working with Payroll Management and Tax processes with a multi-state employer.
- Must have expert knowledge of payroll principles, wage and hour laws, tax laws and SOX compliance in the US and International employment law with Canada.
- Must have experience with managing people and processes possessing exceptional team building and people skills.
- Acquisition experience required
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, to all audiences in all levels of the organization.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to work with highly sensitive data.
- APA Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience required working in a Payroll Management and Tax role with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience with multi-currency payrolls preferred
- Experience in Workday and Kronos Workforce Central preferred.
- Travel Requirements fluctuate based on project needs, estimated 5%
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.