– Design and develop the test approach, test plan and test schedule to effectively validate technology projects on both functional requirements and technical specifications.
– Write test cases/scripts, create test data and document expected test results.
– Design processes for test case automation and test execution.
– Review system specifications and documentation at appropriate points in the Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC). Define, track and publish quality assurance metrics related to each project.
– Effectively manage and execute the testing process to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met.
– Maintain records of all test results using the designated tool set.
– Provide consistent and timely test execution status reporting to the project team and business partners.
– Review system and functional documentation as part of the testing process and make suggestions for changes or improvements where required. Actively participate in project phase end review sessions.
– Manage and actively participate in the test defect resolution process; including producing comprehensive defect descriptions, identify the cause, scope, risks and impact of a problem and facilitating defect reviews.
– Provide feedback to technology teams and business partners on design and usability improvements.
– Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process.
– Verify compliance of test processes on all projects.
– Translate business partner needs in to functionally sound test plans.
– Analyze and understand industry testing and compliance requirements in addition to specific business partner requests and needs.
– Participate in business requirements discussions, design sessions and functional specification reviews with the technology teams and business partners.
– Ensure that test plans adequately test the functionality, interfaces, performance, and data integrity of the project.
– Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance principles, testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances.
– Assist in developing, improving and documenting the Ameriprise testing procedures. Ensure that the appropriate testing methodologies are applied on all assigned projects.
– Demonstrate an expert knowledge level of and be a vocal champion for the use of quality assurance principles, advanced testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances.
– Develop, continually improve and document the Ameriprise testing standards and procedures.
– Ensure that the appropriate testing methodologies are applied on all assigned projects. Incorporate industry standard quality assurance testing standards and tools into the Ameriprise testing processes.
– Senior and Executive Level positions: Deliver quality process training to technology teams and act as an internal quality consultant to advise and influence business partners and the technology teams.
– Provide testing expertise and coach/mentor the testing team around best practices in quality assurance methodologies, practices and techniques (this includes more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as well as the broader technology project teams).
Must Have Qualifications
– 8-10 years of quality assurance across a variety of projects, demonstrating the ability to lead and execute testing efforts across multiple business lines and systems independently.
– Significant experience in translating user requirements to testing scenarios, defining test data, and developing test cases across disparate environments. Strong analytical and results orientated, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
– Demonstrated ability to execute testing and deliver quality testing results on time.
– Knowledge of industry best practices for Quality Assurance (QA) and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
– Strong knowledge of and working experience with HP Quality Center.
Test Execution Engine
User Requirements Documents