Leads and manages one of Retirement & Institutional Custody's (RICS) core products or multiple products and is responsible for strategic direction, planning, control, profitability and growth of the product through collaboration with the Community Banking regions, Head of Sales and the Sales team, and all ICS's key business partners to ensure the product succeeds in meeting the changing needs of the product's clients. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, coach and mentor the Product(s) staff that provides relationship management and administrative support to one or more RICS products. Ensure staff is motivated and challenged.
- Responsible for monitoring, resource planning and ensuring distribution of work among the staff is appropriate.
- Provide external RICS leadership in the Product(s) market(s) through coordination with Marketing and the Sales Team to host client meetings, develop strategies and ensure market visibility.
- Ensure key client and influencer relationships for the Product(s) are fostered and maintained.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the Product(s)'s strategy, development, tactics and projects in coordination with Community Banking Regions, Sales Leader and business partners.
- Monitor competitive activity in the Product(s). Have a firm grasp of Product(s)'s market share, competitors, trends and market activities.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate leadership meetings.
- Lead the development and implementation of process improvements to enhance service, processing, profitability and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for Product profitability, identify Product(s)'s key financial metrics and provide guidance relating to planning and forecasting.
- Ensure Product(s) staff is trained and aware of and compliant with all applicable processes, procedures and controls.
- Coordinate with ICS business partners (i.e. Operations, Finance, Risk, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Training, etc.) as appropriate to support the needs of the Product(s).
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The position manages individual development by providing coaching, feedback, and reinforcement and effectively delegates tasks or projects. This position facilitates for others the development of a sense of ownership in jobs or projects by providing clear expectations, controlling sufficient resources, encouraging responsibility, and coaching, as well as uses appropriate influence to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement. The job holder establishes and builds rapport by communicating with internal and external clients frequently. The position fosters attitudes, conditions, and environments that yield improved quality and quantity to maximize performance. Further the position conducts analysis and monitors progress and results and takes appropriate measures and counter measures.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years' related experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 11 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years' related experience
Minimum of 2 years' work leadership, supervisory and/or managerial experience
Strong customer service skills
Strong communication skills
Problem resolution and resource management skills
Strong decision-making skillsEducation and Experience Preferred:
Certified Corporate Trust Specialist (CCTS) designation
Project management skills
High level of proficiency with pertinent Office and industry specific software
Training And Development