Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The person in this position is responsible for the successful introduction, implementation and maintenance of all Reading Plant Quality Systems (i.e., AS-9100, ISO 17025 etc.) This position also represents the Reading plant at external and internal technical conferences, seminars and meetings. This position also requires the incumbent to manage quality efforts and manufacturing issues to improve quality, yield and productivity.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Identify projects that have direct impact on quality, yield and productivity. Develop project with the aid of project management tools, execute the plan and evaluate project effectiveness.
- Prepare/submit/meet department budget.
- Manage Reading customer complaint process to meet goal and respond to customer/internal inquiries in a timely manner
- Coach the organization for timely disposition and movements of raw materials in process and finished product. Contain product in house to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage Quality Systems audits process (AS9100, ISO 17025).
- Coordinate the activities related to assessing and developing new processes, new equipment and testing procedures.
- Develop effective process capability controls for the facility not limited to manufacturing.
- Develop metrics that track and report status of overall business quality system.
- Drive process quality improvements, in conjunction with all other levels of the organization, utilizing automated process controls, SPC, enhanced manufacturing procedures and utilization of statistical techniques.
- Represent the plant at technical conferences, customer visits and other meetings inside and outside of Materion.
- Direct efforts to continuously improve process reliability, reduce defects and variation in the products we produce.
- Interact with customers, assist sales and operations with customer requirements and specifications/facility audits/new products.
- Conduct HS&E audits. Support HSMS.
- Maintain an awareness of safe work practices and prevent conditions that may result in an unsafe situation or harm the environment. No operation or task will be conducted unless it can be performed in a safe manner.
- Minimum BS in Engineering required (prefer Metallurgy, Materials Engineering or similar field).
- At least 5 years’ management/supervisory experience required in a manufacturing operation with emphasis on quality system engineering.
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance in previous positions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, SAP system and Minitab.
- Travel requirement is moderate – approximately 4 weeks per year.
Quality Management Systems
Statistical Process Controls