UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There are changes happening in health care that go beyond the basics we hear in the news. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
If you are located in Maryland, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist in end-to-end provider claims and help enhance call quality
- Coach, provide feedback and guide others
- Assist in efforts to enhance ease of use of physician portal and future services enhancements
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
- Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
In this role, you'll be part of a performance driven, fast paced organization that is serving multiple markets. You'll have frequent interactions with senior management and physicians as you communicate about ways to evolve ongoing processes and programs.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/ GED or above
- 3+ years of health care/managed care experience
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Undergraduate degree
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Internal systems knowledge (NDB, CSP Facets, COSMOS, UNET, ISET, etc.)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Provider Relations Advocate, Provider Relations Advocate, Managed Care, Healthcare, Claims, Issue Resolution, Medicare, Medicaid, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, NDB, CSP Facets, COSMOS, UNET, ISET, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, VA, Virgina