To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Telematics (Connected Car) Product Validation Development Engineer
Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) • Ypsilanti, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is the design, technology and engineering arm for all North American models of the Korean-based Hyundai-KIA Motors Group.
Our success in satisfying the demands of increasingly sophisticated consumers is a direct result of the investment Hyundai-Kia has made in the future of American automotive engineering. We are committed to becoming the leading automotive maker by delivering uncompromising quality and maximum customer satisfaction through revolution and change.
We are seeking a Telematics(Connected Car) Product Validation Development Engineer to be responsible for development of BlueLink and UVO Telematics(Connected Car) services & of Digital Key for the North America vehicle platforms at our Superior Township, MI.
Activities will span all phases of development including requirements, design, implementation, validation, release, and maintenance.
- Responsible in assisting with the development of a North America Telematics(Connected Car) system & Digital Key system by leading the system validation efforts. This will include creating validation procedures, conducting bench and vehicle field validation and tracking development progress.
- Conduct studies/clinics, evaluate competitive systems, revising / creating specifications and troubleshooting the vehicle sub-system interactions.
- Participate and/or conduct design reviews that include requirements development, system/component specifications, analysis, design, verification and validation.
- Responsible for validation off-board application (Smartphone or server based).
- Knowledge of GSM, CDMA, UMTS, WCDMA, LTE, 3G/4G, NFC, BLE technologies
- Experience with automotive product development process (concept to launch).
- Remain current with new technology, regulatory requirement and competitive products as a means to drive new innovative features and functions.
- Responsible in end-to-end vehicle Telematics(Connected Car), Digital Key architectures, mobile and wireless computing architectures.
- Knowledge of feature set vs. cost when evaluating integration and partitioning studies for future systems.
- Work with the supply base to answer questions pertaining to requirements, specifications, performance data and defect analysis.
- Travel both domestically and internationally 10%
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and Satisfactory Driving Record
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor