This position is responsible for collecting potential 90-119 days past due accounts. The employee will be assigned to a queue that will vary from 85-130 accounts per collector a month. This will also require good negotiation skills and listening skills. This individual needs to use good judgment and their experience to make suitable payment plans with our customers. The employee will perform all duties in accordance to Westlake’s policies, procedures and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires the employee to manage 85-130 accounts per month; may vary month to month.
- Employee needs to have good negotiation skills and works in a team environment.
- Employee is required to maintain their daily goal.
- Initiate effective outbound calls and receive inbound calls.
- Produce and arrange collection solutions for customers.
- Heavy skip tracing on accounts for potential leads on customers and or vehicles.
- Submit accounts to Supervisor for approval to put vehicles out for repossessions; complete repo order requests.
- Provide account updates.
- Interact with Repossession companies
- Obtain updates from Repo companies
- Interact with different departments
- Analyze account history for errors; follow up until remedied.
- Multi- task.
- Responsible for ensuring confidentiality of all aspects of the company’s operations, portfolio, customer information and computer technology.
- Team player
- Viewing department reports
- Employee needs to maintain their performance and monthly goals
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- 2+ years’ experience in collection environment and/ or 2+ years direct collection experience
- Skip tracing background.
- Excellent communication, and negotiation skills.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, overtime and weekends.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to collections, including the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or higher.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the collections industry.
- General knowledge of collection, repossession, and skip tracing
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Daybreak or other retail consumer servicing systems.
- Microsoft, Excel, and Outlook
- Copier, fax and other general office supplies.
- Web navigation and/or web-based applications and skip trace.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as \u0022The Buy Program ©\u0022) allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
URL blocked - click to apply
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act