To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1049 Camino Dos Rios
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Teledyne Technologies • Thousand Oaks, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Teledyne Technologies is a leading provider of sophisticated instrumentation, digital imaging products and software, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems. Teledyne Technologies operations are primarily located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Mexico. Teledyne Technologies Corporate Office is located in Thousand Oaks, CA.
The Financial Analyst will support the Corporate Finance Department in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements, as well as any ad hoc analysis assigned by management. This FA will interact with Executive Management and become a super user of various Finance reporting systems (Intaact, Infor and OneStream), and should be able to back up the Finance system administrator if necessary.
The candidate must have strong analytical skills with an accounting and financial analysis background, must be detail-oriented and a team player. They must also possess excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office software. Experience with Infor PM, Intaact, and OneStream or Hyperion are a plus but not required. Must be computer system savvy. Government accounting experience a plus but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES
The FA will be required to coordinate with all the Teledyne Business Units to assure accurate and timely submission of financial data.
The following are the essential tasks to be performed:
- Monthly Corporate finance reporting, including Business Unit forecast reviews as well as Corporate forecast
- Quarterly finance reporting
- Business planning
- Ad hoc analysis
- Finance systems training and support
- This position may require evening and/or weekend work as required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills:
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented with excellent Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess initiative and organization skills
- Ability to identify business reporting needs and manipulate data into meaningful information
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to prioritize assignments in a high-paced environment with competing projects
- Strong computer skills
A bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance is required. 1-2 years of financial analysis experience preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
BA/BS or equivalent required.