To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Spokane, WA 99215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kaiser Aluminum • Spokane, WA
Posted 2 months ago
The Production Supervisor is responsible for meeting the operational needs of the business, promoting and creating a safety culture, and ensuring production schedules are met.
The Production Supervisor’s essential functions include:
• Process crew assignment, shift turnover, and timecards.
• Call for overtime and maintain rotary board.
• Perform safety investigations, daily safety observations, and monthly safety meetings.
• Perform preventative maintenance; coordinate maintenance work, including Work Orders.
• Provide month-end totals for accounting.
• Record downtime during each shift (OEE).
• Control inventory and raw material usage.
• Write material requisitions.
• Coordinate furnace activities.
• Confer with other department supervisors to ensure goals and objectives are met.
• Administer the collective bargaining agreement.
• Communicate all safety, quality, and productivity goals and expectations.
• Address personnel issues per contract and company policies; develop staff/personnel.
• Update daily notes.
• Complete reports for safety, quality and production.
EDUCATION A four-year degree (technical field) is required.
• 3-5 years previous supervisory experience.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• PC skills, including Windows, Word, and Excel.
• Familiarity with manufacturing software.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to work in teams.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Management knowledge are preferred.
• Knowledge of metal industry and associated business processes is preferred.
• Be energetic, disciplined and focused on a team building operational organization.
• Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by, and interrelate with the organization at all levels.
• Be willing to work flexible hours.
• Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
• Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Approximately 20% of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. 80% of the job function is required in the plant. There is exposure to operating machinery and a manufacturing environment.
• This position requires performing tasks on a computer.
• There will be periods of walking and standing.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance.
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.